Watch this video as Virginia O'Connor demonstrates how to set up a mailing list for a bakery.
- [Instructor] When you start working in MailChimp,…you're going to want to set up…your subscriber lists pretty quickly.…Nearly everything in MailChimp revolves around your list.…It's the first selection you make…when you're sending an email,…so it's important to think about…who you're going to be sending campaigns to,…and what you're going to be sending them.…The very basic subscriber list…is just a collection of email addresses,…and that's really all you need to send an email campaign.…Most people, however, collect a few more details,…like names, time zones, birthdates,…and any other information that can be shared…by the people who sign up to receive your emails.…
You can also store other details…about each subscriber, depending on your business needs.…MailChimp is a permissions-based email service,…which means that there are no purchased, rented,…or scraped lists allowed, no matter what.…You can import a list that conforms to MailChimp guidelines,…and these include people who previously opted in,…people who made a purchase…
Plus, find out how to use one of MailChimp's most useful features—the autoresponder—which was just introduced to the free version of the app, and get even more reach with social media advertising.
- Setting up a free MailChimp account
- Adding and importing subscribers
- Working with email templates
- Creating your first campaign with MailChimp
- A/B testing campaigns
- Adding a signup form to your website
- Managing subscriber lists
- Growing your subscribers
- Sending videos
- Adding automation and ads
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 07/30/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: creating and replicating campaigns, social follow vs. social share blocks, and creating ads in MailChimp. In addition, new videos were added that cover identifying top subscribers, creating a landing page in MailChimp, and remarketing in MailChimp.
Managing Email Marketing Lists and Campaignswith Megan Adams1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with MailChimp
2. Creating, Sending, and Reviewing Campaigns
3. Using Advanced Campaign Techniques
4. Working with Sign-Up Forms and Lists
Working with sign-up forms4m 40s
5. Working with Subscriber Lists
6. Engaging Your Subscribers
7. Adding Automation and Ads
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.