If you are able to catch qualified users at the right time in the buying process, you can overcome objections, re-engage them through a winning offer via email, increase your brand reputation and hopefully increase their lifetime value. In this video Mike beings by talking about why behavior should matter to you, then addresses five core behaviors you can use to segment your email database, as well as a few other luxury item behaviors that most marketers will overlook.
- [Voiceover] Segmenting users based on behavior…requires a solid understanding of your SQL database,…or at least knowing who in your company…you're gonna need to buy donuts for.…While there's much debate on the maxim…past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior,…we can at least say for marketing's sake…that it's a potential predictor of future behavior.…According to Juniper Research companies who segment…based upon behavior can get up to 18 times…as much revenue from their email marketing programs.…Now I've worked with dozens of clients…who processed credit card payments from customers…and over the years I've learned the single biggest obstacle…to overcome is getting that customer…to reach for their wallet and pull out their credit card.…
If you can get a customer to process…even one online transaction…the chances they'll complete…subsequent purchases skyrockets.…When it comes to segmenting lists then…there are certain crucial behaviors…we can use to our advantage in email marketing.…Here are the core behaviors you can include…
Optimization strategist Michael Duquet helps you take your newsletters and eblasts and refine them into targeted, revenue-generating emails that your customers actually want to read. He walks you through choosing the best tool for your company, defining your micro and macro goals, and creating a believable sender persona. Then, he goes deep into segmenting: creating granular lists based on demographics (such as geolocation, gender, income, or industry) and behaviors (such as purchases, emails read, or clicks). He also reviews the best practices for mobile emails, including eye flow and the role of images and video. Finally, he shows how to perfect your engagement with tips on writing effective subject lines, placing your calls to action, and sending emails at the right time.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Setting up email for the best screen resolution
- Getting the right email marketing tools
- Defining the customer contact journey
- Sending onboarding emails
- Researching emails
- Segmenting emails
- Building your persona
- Optimizing emails for mobile viewing
- Optimizing the subject line
- Sending email at the right time