Few email marketers actually take the time to get to know the customer — their wants, their needs, their expectations and their desires. In this video Mike introduces why research emails are important, what a sample research email could look like and a few sendability considerations for these types of emails.
- [Voiceover] Our flower company, Hansel and Petal,…has many different types of flowers…they're thinking of advertising.…But they're not sure which flower's the most popular…with their online audience.…Perhaps many of you work for companies…that send out emails in a revolving manner.…You have five key features or benefits you like to promote,…so you cycle through them.…On this day your opted in customers will see feature one,…next week they'll see feature two, etcetera.…The question you need to ask, however,…is what resonates with your recipients?…What do they want to see?…Say Hansel and Petal sends out their newsletter…or marketing email,…and they get back a low opening click through rate.…
They might think,…"oh, I guess people just don't care about that flower,…"or what we're promoting."…Well what if it was the email's layout?…What if the CTA was too hard to find?…What if the subject line wasn't clear?…There are many reasons why a customer…might not act on what you're selling,…but first it helps to have the research…
Optimization strategist Michael Duquet helps you take your newsletters and eblasts and refine them into targeted, revenue-generating emails that your customers actually want to read. He walks you through choosing the best tool for your company, defining your micro and macro goals, and creating a believable sender persona. Then, he goes deep into segmenting: creating granular lists based on demographics (such as geolocation, gender, income, or industry) and behaviors (such as purchases, emails read, or clicks). He also reviews the best practices for mobile emails, including eye flow and the role of images and video. Finally, he shows how to perfect your engagement with tips on writing effective subject lines, placing your calls to action, and sending emails at the right time.
- Setting up email for the best screen resolution
- Getting the right email marketing tools
- Defining the customer contact journey
- Sending onboarding emails
- Researching emails
- Segmenting emails
- Building your persona
- Optimizing emails for mobile viewing
- Optimizing the subject line
- Sending email at the right time