Email marketers are the unheralded heroes of any organization’s marketing department - they work long hours creating campaigns with consistent results and low costs. In this video tutorial Mike talks about some potential issues that may be standing in the way of email marketing success such as following the field, falling into a routine, not knowing your customers or not using the right tool.
- [Voiceover] Email marketing is a low cost method…of contact, and therefore pretty easy to take for granted.…If sales are down, you'll probably have someone come to you…and say, we need to send more emails.…Okay, what specifically should we send?…It doesn't matter, we just need to send more.…Oh boy.…Chances are your work week involves working very hard…only to get a few campaigns out that give…consistent, if underwhelming, results.…Hey, we've all been there.…Let's take a look at a few potential pitfalls…that an email marketing can easily fall into.…Number one, following the field.…
I know the number one thing I always wanted…throughout my email marketing career was time.…It always seemed like I was rushing to get this asset,…or trying to get feedback from that stakeholder,…or doing QA for the fifth time on the same thing.…Without time to do your own research and planning,…it's easy to just say, what's the competition doing?…And copy their templates.…The issue is, you're working just for the sake…of completion, not working to help…
Optimization strategist Michael Duquet helps you take your newsletters and eblasts and refine them into targeted, revenue-generating emails that your customers actually want to read. He walks you through choosing the best tool for your company, defining your micro and macro goals, and creating a believable sender persona. Then, he goes deep into segmenting: creating granular lists based on demographics (such as geolocation, gender, income, or industry) and behaviors (such as purchases, emails read, or clicks).
He also reviews the best practices for mobile emails, including eye flow and the role of images and video. Finally, he shows how to perfect your engagement with tips on writing effective subject lines, placing your calls to action, and sending emails at the right time.
- Setting up email for the best screen resolution
- Getting the right email marketing tools
- Defining the customer contact journey
- Sending onboarding emails
- Researching emails
- Segmenting emails
- Building your persona
- Optimizing emails for mobile viewing
- Optimizing the subject line
- Sending email at the right time