For customers who receive an email from a company, the scariest moment can be when they think a person is responding to them, only to realize it’s an automated message, devoid of personality or relevance to their specific situation. In this video Mike talks about how personalizing your automated messages can be a great way to put your customers at ease and increase the effectiveness of future marketing emails. Mike then goes on to give concrete examples of what automated messages should be personalized and how.
- [Voiceover] An ave new companies rarely think about…when examining their e-mail program…is the automated email.…But there's a way to make these emails…valuable to users,…and a great opportunity to humanize your random voice.…How?…By personalizing them.…Just because a message is triggered by a software API,…doesn't mean it needs to feel as if it's a softer API…talking to you.…Every single email a costumer receives from your company…needs to work in unity,…especially if you wanna customer to come back…time and time again.…So, here's a few opportunities you should use…to put a human touch back in your emails.…
First off,…your welcome messages.…Now, while very few people save their welcome message…after joining a website,…if it greets you with enthusiasm and personality,…we're likely to perceive that company positively.…Start by giving them someone at the company…who will be their guide.…"Hi,…"I'm Mike,…"and I'm the person who makes sure…"your experience at Hansel & Petal…"is a good one."…And then, let them know it's a two-way conversation.…
Optimization strategist Michael Duquet helps you take your newsletters and eblasts and refine them into targeted, revenue-generating emails that your customers actually want to read. He walks you through choosing the best tool for your company, defining your micro and macro goals, and creating a believable sender persona. Then, he goes deep into segmenting: creating granular lists based on demographics (such as geolocation, gender, income, or industry) and behaviors (such as purchases, emails read, or clicks).
He also reviews the best practices for mobile emails, including eye flow and the role of images and video. Finally, he shows how to perfect your engagement with tips on writing effective subject lines, placing your calls to action, and sending emails at the right time.
- Setting up email for the best screen resolution
- Getting the right email marketing tools
- Defining the customer contact journey
- Sending onboarding emails
- Researching emails
- Segmenting emails
- Building your persona
- Optimizing emails for mobile viewing
- Optimizing the subject line
- Sending email at the right time