Optimization strategist Michael Duquet helps you take your newsletters and eblasts and refine them into targeted, revenue-generating emails that your customers actually want to read. He walks you through choosing the best tool for your company, defining your micro and macro goals, and creating a believable sender persona. Then, he goes deep into segmenting: creating granular lists based on demographics (such as geolocation, gender, income, or industry) and behaviors (such as purchases, emails read, or clicks). He also reviews the best practices for mobile emails, including eye flow and the role of images and video. Finally, he shows how to perfect your engagement with tips on writing effective subject lines, placing your calls to action, and sending emails at the right time.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Setting up email for the best screen resolution
- Getting the right email marketing tools
- Defining the customer contact journey
- Sending onboarding emails
- Researching emails
- Segmenting emails
- Building your persona
- Optimizing emails for mobile viewing
- Optimizing the subject line
- Sending email at the right time
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Mike Duquet, and I'm a conversion optimization strategist for the world's biggest social media management platform, Hootsuite. I've been involved in optimizing email programs for over a decade, from acquisition messages to retention messages, to, oops, that was a mistake messages. I've sent them all and learned some crucial rules along the way. In this course I aim to turn your big old newsletter blasting email program into a lean, mean, revenue generating machine. We'll start off by making sure you're using the right software and processes, then talk about some big topics.
Segmenting, audiences, email's current role, building your tone of voice, optimizing for mobile, and then where email is going in the future. Email is an underappreciated tool in the marketer's utility belt, but together we can work to increase your open rate and click-through rate and make emails people actually want to read. All it takes is time, data analysis, and an open mind.