Mobile email marketing is a tricky program to master. With so many mobile specific considerations needed, sometimes you just need a few pointers on what to do and not to do to get a user’s attention. In this video tutorial, Mike provides a few quick Do’s and Don’ts that you can easily bank to improve your mobile email marketing sends.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Creating e-mails that are tailored…for mobile is very different…than creating desktop first e-mails.…You've got a lot less room…and a reader that reacts completely different…than a desktop reader.…Here are a few dos and don'ts…to help you make your next mobile campaign a success.…Do, use short subject lines.…The reduced view port size on mobile devices…means your clever headline gets cutoff…after only a few words.…Almost a third of what can be displayed on a large desktop.…Get to the point quickly and directly.…Don't use small fonts.…
Under no circumstances do you want your readers…to have to do the dreaded pinch and zoom.…Shorten your copy to as concise a message as possible…and then increase the font size by at least 20%.…This will mean less words per line,…but don't be scared off…because you're e-mail is getting too long.…Scrolling comes naturally to people on mobile devices.…Poor readability doesn't.…Do, you pre-header text.…While subject lines are shorter,…mobile e-mail apps, like Gmail,…do include pre-header text,…
Optimization strategist Michael Duquet helps you take your newsletters and eblasts and refine them into targeted, revenue-generating emails that your customers actually want to read. He walks you through choosing the best tool for your company, defining your micro and macro goals, and creating a believable sender persona. Then, he goes deep into segmenting: creating granular lists based on demographics (such as geolocation, gender, income, or industry) and behaviors (such as purchases, emails read, or clicks).
He also reviews the best practices for mobile emails, including eye flow and the role of images and video. Finally, he shows how to perfect your engagement with tips on writing effective subject lines, placing your calls to action, and sending emails at the right time.
- Setting up email for the best screen resolution
- Getting the right email marketing tools
- Defining the customer contact journey
- Sending onboarding emails
- Researching emails
- Segmenting emails
- Building your persona
- Optimizing emails for mobile viewing
- Optimizing the subject line
- Sending email at the right time