Email goals can be a mix of large and small, short term and longer term. In this video Mike discusses the difference between macro, revenue generating goals and the equally important micro, or interest, goals. He then explains a central challenge email marketers face when deciding upon their goals and proposes another solution for determining the effectiveness of each email send.
- [Voiceover] The ultimate goal of email marketers…is a high open rate and a high click-through rate.…But are these the most important things to look for?…Measuring success of an email campaign comes down…to tracking two types of goals in reality.…Macro goals are those a company has identified…as having a direct correlation to revenue.…For Hansel and Petal, a macro goal then might be…the number of lilacs sold resulting from an email campaign.…In this case, it makes sense…that click-through rates are important, right?…If more people click-through and end up purchasing,…this is something you want to know.…
Well, what about a software service company…who is sending out an email for a demo of their services?…A high click-through rate might be good,…but what if the people requesting the demos…are of lower quality?…Wouldn't a lower click-through rate,…with a higher ratio of qualified customers,…be more important?…Macro goals are tough to measure.…Click-through rates may have a direct correlation…to your bottom-line revenue,…
Optimization strategist Michael Duquet helps you take your newsletters and eblasts and refine them into targeted, revenue-generating emails that your customers actually want to read. He walks you through choosing the best tool for your company, defining your micro and macro goals, and creating a believable sender persona. Then, he goes deep into segmenting: creating granular lists based on demographics (such as geolocation, gender, income, or industry) and behaviors (such as purchases, emails read, or clicks). He also reviews the best practices for mobile emails, including eye flow and the role of images and video. Finally, he shows how to perfect your engagement with tips on writing effective subject lines, placing your calls to action, and sending emails at the right time.
- Setting up email for the best screen resolution
- Getting the right email marketing tools
- Defining the customer contact journey
- Sending onboarding emails
- Researching emails
- Segmenting emails
- Building your persona
- Optimizing emails for mobile viewing
- Optimizing the subject line
- Sending email at the right time