Join Virginia O'Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing MailChimp, part of Learning MailChimp.
- MailChimp is a popular email newsletter service that's used by over 9 million people to send about 600 emails a day. MailChimp was started in 2001, and it has grown rapidly because it fits the need to design, send, and track email newsletters for a wide variety of people, from self-employed to small businesses, all the way up to Fortune ranked companies. MailChimp isn't just about business emails either. It's used by charities and schools, Farmers Markets and yoga studios, just about anyone who needs to send regular emails can use MailChimp.
Some of the features that make MailChimp so popular are: it's super easy to use, it integrates with a lot of other services, it lets you brand your emails, it's trusted, so your emails get through as long as you follow the rules, it gives you a bunch of easy-to-understand reports, and it's forever free for lists up to 2,000. So with that basic introduction, let's get started using MailChimp.
And if you find your subscriber list grows beyond the 2,000-address limit imposed in the free app, check out the tutorials where Virginia shows you how to upgrade to the paid version of MailChimp, which contains one of its most useful features: autoresponders.
- Setting up a free MailChimp account
- Adding and importing subscribers
- Working with email templates
- Sending your first email campaign with MailChimp
- Viewing reports
- Adding a signup form to your website
- Managing subscriber lists
- Improving your click and open rates
- Upgrading to a paid MailChimp account