In this video, Virginia O'Connor will show you how to import a list by copy and paste and manually add one subscriber.
- [Instructor] Once you've defined your list in MailChimp,…it's time to add some names and email addresses.…To get new subscribers, you have a few options.…You can add a new subscriber manually,…if you have their permission.…Like, if they give you their email…at a trade show, for example.…We'll see that option in just a minute.…You can create a signup form…and put that form on your website…for new subscribers to sign up.…We'll see that in another video.…You can import a list of subscribers,…if they've already opted in to receive your emails,…and this is what I'm going to show you right now.…
To import a list of subscribers,…you can use a comma-separated value file,…you can copy and paste from a Microsoft Excel file,…you can also directly import…from any MailChimp integrated application.…It's important to understand…that MailChimp will only import your list…if it believes it's safe.…If it can't be sure the list is safe,…the import will stop.…After you start sending emails,…your list could be blocked…if a higher-than average number of subscribers…
Plus, find out how to use one of MailChimp's most useful features—the autoresponder—which was just introduced to the free version of the app, and get even more reach with social media advertising.
- Setting up a free MailChimp account
- Adding and importing subscribers
- Working with email templates
- Creating your first campaign with MailChimp
- A/B testing campaigns
- Adding a signup form to your website
- Managing subscriber lists
- Growing your subscribers
- Sending videos
- Adding automation and ads
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 07/30/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: creating and replicating campaigns, social follow vs. social share blocks, and creating ads in MailChimp. In addition, new videos were added that cover identifying top subscribers, creating a landing page in MailChimp, and remarketing in MailChimp.
Managing Email Marketing Lists and Campaignswith Megan Adams1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with MailChimp
2. Creating, Sending, and Reviewing Campaigns
3. Using Advanced Campaign Techniques
4. Working with Sign-Up Forms and Lists
Working with sign-up forms4m 40s
5. Working with Subscriber Lists
6. Engaging Your Subscribers
7. Adding Automation and Ads
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.