It’s never been more important for you to know how users read your messages on mobile before you dive into how to make your emails mobile responsive. In this video Mike talks about the key differences you need to consider: clicking vs. scrolling, how we use our thumbs, how we engage with email actions and what areas of your emails could become ice cold zones for potential actions.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Mobile browsing considerations…need to be everywhere during your campaign process,…especially since trends reveal more and more users…spend an increasing amount of time on mobile devices.…So what makes mobile different?…Here are a few key considerations for your campaigns.…Clicking versus scrolling.…When I'm on my desktop,…like here on hanselandpetal.com,…I need to move the mouse to the action I want to take.…I mouse over it,…then I send a signal from my brain to my hand that says,…click this, okay,…I'm sure there's more science to it than that,…but you get the idea.…
If I just used the mouse to scroll down the page,…I need to move back to the area I want to click…with the same mouse before I can send that signal.…There's more distance to cover.…On mobile, we're all thumbs, in a good way.…Scrolling is done with your thumb,…and then when I want to take an action,…I simply do what I've just been doing,…use my thumb!…While it may seem like such a minor difference,…studies have shown that mobile users…
Optimization strategist Michael Duquet helps you take your newsletters and eblasts and refine them into targeted, revenue-generating emails that your customers actually want to read. He walks you through choosing the best tool for your company, defining your micro and macro goals, and creating a believable sender persona. Then, he goes deep into segmenting: creating granular lists based on demographics (such as geolocation, gender, income, or industry) and behaviors (such as purchases, emails read, or clicks).
He also reviews the best practices for mobile emails, including eye flow and the role of images and video. Finally, he shows how to perfect your engagement with tips on writing effective subject lines, placing your calls to action, and sending emails at the right time.
- Setting up email for the best screen resolution
- Getting the right email marketing tools
- Defining the customer contact journey
- Sending onboarding emails
- Researching emails
- Segmenting emails
- Building your persona
- Optimizing emails for mobile viewing
- Optimizing the subject line
- Sending email at the right time