Gifs are one of the newest ways email marketers can spruce up their email marketing campaigns and separate their message from the competition. Likewise, most email service providers now allow email creators to create previews of embedded video in their campaigns. In this video Mike discusses the role of gifs and videos in email, when they should be used and when it’s best to avoid them altogether.
- [Voiceover] In the past few years, e-mail has broken out…of its relatively timid shell with…the ability to include GIF,…or graphic interchange format files,…and also embed video links in the basic HTML document,…without adding significant bytes to the file size.…GIFs, who doesn't love GIFs?…We all love them, they're visually arresting.…Movement in an e-mail.…GIFs can be a tremendously engaging…way to grab attention, but they could…also be a big distraction, paralyzing the…user into an action.…So when to use GIFs?…Use them when the intention of your ad…is to delight the customer.…
Ask yourself, if the only thing…I get out of this e-mail is that…it makes my reader smile, or go…wow that's cool, is that a success?…If so, feel free to use GIFs, but beware,…some e-mail clients will not support them,…and while many customers will be wowed,…others will see a broken image.…Videos.…Video is a big part of our online life,…so e-mail marketing seems to be a natural extension…to reach out to the customer.…Unfortunately, videos are still very large files.…
Optimization strategist Michael Duquet helps you take your newsletters and eblasts and refine them into targeted, revenue-generating emails that your customers actually want to read. He walks you through choosing the best tool for your company, defining your micro and macro goals, and creating a believable sender persona. Then, he goes deep into segmenting: creating granular lists based on demographics (such as geolocation, gender, income, or industry) and behaviors (such as purchases, emails read, or clicks).
He also reviews the best practices for mobile emails, including eye flow and the role of images and video. Finally, he shows how to perfect your engagement with tips on writing effective subject lines, placing your calls to action, and sending emails at the right time.
- Setting up email for the best screen resolution
- Getting the right email marketing tools
- Defining the customer contact journey
- Sending onboarding emails
- Researching emails
- Segmenting emails
- Building your persona
- Optimizing emails for mobile viewing
- Optimizing the subject line
- Sending email at the right time