In this video tutorial, Mike introduces a process to find out how you can maximize the potential of your marketing emails through learning, pivoting and adapting. Getting out of an email program rut can be tough, but done the right way, progress is not only possible, but guaranteed. Best of all, the process Mike talks about in this video tutorial is one you already know and has been used for hundreds of years.
- [Voiceover] When I'm asked ways to improve…an email marketing program, I'm always quick…to reply that I don't know the answer.…No one does, but there is a way to find out what will work.…See, the thing is, no two companies are the same,…no two audiences are the same,…and no two emails are the same.…Anyone who tells you they know…the secret sauce is full of it.…The only way to find out what works and what doesn't…is by learning about your audience,…and testing different approaches, so how do we do that?…This is the framework I use to improve my emails.…Kind of looks like something, doesn't it?…That's right, the scientific method.…
You know that process scientists have been using…for hundreds and hundreds of years?…In case you can't tell by now, I'm a big fan.…Here's how you can use it in your daily life.…Find out as much information as…you can about your customers; anything.…Get as much data as you can, and then sort through it…to understand what their motivations and needs are.…Hypothesize: using data as your basis,…
Optimization strategist Michael Duquet helps you take your newsletters and eblasts and refine them into targeted, revenue-generating emails that your customers actually want to read. He walks you through choosing the best tool for your company, defining your micro and macro goals, and creating a believable sender persona. Then, he goes deep into segmenting: creating granular lists based on demographics (such as geolocation, gender, income, or industry) and behaviors (such as purchases, emails read, or clicks). He also reviews the best practices for mobile emails, including eye flow and the role of images and video. Finally, he shows how to perfect your engagement with tips on writing effective subject lines, placing your calls to action, and sending emails at the right time.
This course is part of a Learning Path approved by the American Marketing Association.
Gain the skills you need to become an AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) in Digital Marketing by using the industry-leading courses and resources in the Learning Path. Take the AMA certification exam to show that you have what it takes to lead the digital transformation.
- Setting up email for the best screen resolution
- Getting the right email marketing tools
- Defining the customer contact journey
- Sending onboarding emails
- Researching emails
- Segmenting emails
- Building your persona
- Optimizing emails for mobile viewing
- Optimizing the subject line
- Sending email at the right time