Join Virginia O'Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing messages for new subscribers, part of MailChimp Fundamentals.
- After you have your basic signup form created…you have the opportunity to customize the messages…that new subscribers see after signing up.…We'll go through these emails now.…When people signup to receive a newsletter…it's nice to say thank you.…In the signup form drop-down…take a look at the signup thank you form.…This is the message that displays after…after a subscriber fills in the form.…If you have ever signed up for a newsletter…you're probably familiar with how this works.…But know that you can make this process…as customized to your brand as you like.…
You can change the colors and texts…and other details to make it your own, for example.…Or you can send users to a special website if you like.…Take a look at the opt-in confirmation email.…This is the email that we'll drop in…to a new subscriber's inbox.…It's the second part of that double opt-in process.…You can change the text and colors again,…if you like.…And many people do that so that it creates…a really branded experience for their users.…New subscribers must click the confirmation…
And if you find your subscriber list grows beyond the 2,000-address limit imposed in the free app, check out the tutorials where Virginia shows you how to upgrade to the paid version of MailChimp, which contains one of its most useful features: autoresponders.
- Setting up a free MailChimp account
- Adding and importing subscribers
- Working with email templates
- Sending your first email campaign with MailChimp
- Viewing reports
- Adding a signup form to your website
- Managing subscriber lists
- Improving your click and open rates
- Upgrading to a paid MailChimp account