Join Virginia O'Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating your first campaign, part two, part of Learning MailChimp.
- In the last video we set up our campaign,…and now we're going to select the template.…Since we saved our branded newsletter template,…we're going to choose the Saved Templates option,…and go and pick that one.…The template loads,…and you'll notice that we can add design element blocks…to change things up for this particular version…of the newsletter.…So, while the template gives us a great starting place,…it is just that:…a starting place for this particular campaign.…Any elements that we want to add to this campaign…will not be stored back in our template.…
This little bit of text at the top…is a teaser.…It displays in most email boxes…right after the subject line,…so it's a useful way to draw the reader in…to opening email.…We already have an eye-catching subject line,…so let's create a little bit more enticement…by offering a promotion.…You'll notice these three tabs on the right side,…we're going to be using the content and design tabs…in just a minute,…but the comments tab…is where you can involve those who are working with you…
And if you find your subscriber list grows beyond the 2,000-address limit imposed in the free app, check out the tutorials where Virginia shows you how to upgrade to the paid version of MailChimp, which contains one of its most useful features: autoresponders.
- Setting up a free MailChimp account
- Adding and importing subscribers
- Working with email templates
- Sending your first email campaign with MailChimp
- Viewing reports
- Adding a signup form to your website
- Managing subscriber lists
- Improving your click and open rates
- Upgrading to a paid MailChimp account