Virginia O'Connor shows you how to create two versions of a campaign so you can see what works.
- [Instructor] If you're not getting the kinds of engagement…that you want from your email newsletters,…you may want to start testing some combinations.…A split campaign, also called an A/B test campaign,…it's used to send the same email with a few tweaks…so that you can learn what gets the best results.…So what kinds of things can you test with a campaign?…You can test the subject line, the from name,…the content and the sending time.…Let's create a split campaign in MailChimp.…
We'll click to create a new campaign.…We're going to select the email option…and now we'll choose A/B Test.…We'll type our campaign name.…Remember this is a name that your readers will not see…so you can use this entirely for yourself.…We'll select this campaign to our entire list.…And the next screen asks me what I want to test.…
So now you can test multiple combinations…but it's usually best to test one thing first…so you can learn from that and then do another test.…We're going to use our monthly newsletter…and change a single variable.…
Plus, find out how to use one of MailChimp's most useful features—the autoresponder—which was just introduced to the free version of the app, and get even more reach with social media advertising.
- Setting up a free MailChimp account
- Adding and importing subscribers
- Working with email templates
- Creating your first campaign with MailChimp
- A/B testing campaigns
- Adding a signup form to your website
- Managing subscriber lists
- Growing your subscribers
- Sending videos
- Adding automation and ads
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 07/30/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: creating and replicating campaigns, social follow vs. social share blocks, and creating ads in MailChimp. In addition, new videos were added that cover identifying top subscribers, creating a landing page in MailChimp, and remarketing in MailChimp.
Managing Email Marketing Lists and Campaignswith Megan Adams1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with MailChimp
2. Creating, Sending, and Reviewing Campaigns
3. Using Advanced Campaign Techniques
4. Working with Sign-Up Forms and Lists
Working with sign-up forms4m 40s
5. Working with Subscriber Lists
6. Engaging Your Subscribers
7. Adding Automation and Ads
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.