Join Virginia O'Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Automating emails, part of Learning Mailchimp.
- [Instructor] Automation is one of the features that proves…MailChimp is way more than a simple newsletter service.…It's a way to send emails based on triggers and schedules…that you can customize.…Depending on your business, there are plenty of ways…that email automation can streamline reoccurring messages…and help you reach subscribers at the right time.…We're going to create a simple automation…for Topsy Turvy Cake Designs.…The process for the automated emails starts the same way…as any campaign does.…
You'll select an automated campaign at the top,…and you'll notice that MailChimp has given you…some automated email options based on subscriber activity…or dates, things like that.…Let's send our subscribers a birthday message.…Select the list to send this automated message to…and click Begin.…You'll see that there's an entire workflow of options here.…Emails that can go out the day before,…the day of, et cetera.…
We could send an email on the day of their birthday,…but just for fun, let's send it a day after.…
Plus, find out how to use one of MailChimp's most useful features—the autoresponder—which was just introduced to the free version of the app, and get even more reach with social media advertising.
- Setting up a free MailChimp account
- Adding and importing subscribers
- Working with email templates
- Creating your first campaign with MailChimp
- A/B testing campaigns
- Adding a signup form to your website
- Managing subscriber lists
- Growing your subscribers
- Sending videos
- Adding automation and ads
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 07/30/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: creating and replicating campaigns, social follow vs. social share blocks, and creating ads in MailChimp. In addition, new videos were added that cover identifying top subscribers, creating a landing page in MailChimp, and remarketing in MailChimp.
Managing Email Marketing Lists and Campaignswith Megan Adams1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with MailChimp
2. Creating, Sending, and Reviewing Campaigns
3. Using Advanced Campaign Techniques
4. Working with Sign-Up Forms and Lists
Working with sign-up forms4m 40s
5. Working with Subscriber Lists
6. Engaging Your Subscribers
7. Adding Automation and Ads
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.