Join Simon Walker for an in-depth discussion in this video Starting with contrast and color, part of The Art of Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timeline.
- View Offline
In general, there is a correct order in which to apply color correction adjustments. …You adjust the contrast first and then you go on to adjust the color. …I'll be showing you how to do this as well as how to set your workspace up in …Premiere Pro to work more quickly. I just wanted to show you some of these …clips on the timeline. We planned and shot a series of scenes …specifically for this course. Now these scenes help demonstrate a …variety of different grading techniques. They help demonstrate working with …different colors, but they are also standard shots and the sort of …compositions that you come across when shooting video.…
So here's the first scene with several camera angles and cutaways. …So, I'm going to work on this first clip. And in order to show you adjusting the …color I'm going to switch my work space over to the color correction workspace. …And this is very useful because it allows you to see the scopes. …And in arranging all the panels in a format which makes it easy to make color …
- What is a grade?
- Starting with contrast and color
- Observing Michelangelo's approach to high and low contrast
- Accentuating highlights in the style of Fra Angelico
- Working with Leonardo da Vinci's limited palettes
- Using chiaroscuro to increase tension
- Changing the mood of a scene with light and shade
- Applying colors to complement skin tones