Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Stores configuration, part 2, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] This is another one of those situations…where some of these options are going to be…for slightly more advanced users.…So in some cases, if you don't know…what some of the options here mean,…you probably shouldn't be playing around with them anyway.…We'll take a look at a few.…So, we're going to go through these one by one.…URL options, this falls in line with…what I was just saying.…If you're not sure what Add Store Code to Urls…or Auto-redirect to Base URL means,…then just don't worry about them.…
In 99% of cases you're not going to really…need to do anything here, so we're not going to…worry about these for our basic store.…We're going to keep these settings just as they are.…We're going to use the system values.…Same with search engine optimization,…and this is kind of misleading…because this doesn't really get too much…into search engine optimization.…But, Use Server Rewrites, we're just going to…keep this as Yes, use system value.…I may have unselected that from earlier.…
If yours was selected or unselected,…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.