Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Stores configuration, part 1, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Once our configuration is complete…in the Content portion of the website,…it's time to move on the Stores portion of the website.…So we're going to click on Stores here.…And then under Settings, click Configuration.…This is going to take a bit more time…than the Content configuration because there are…simply more options here.…We have General, and then under General,…we have lots of different subtopics,…each with their own groups and multiple settings.…
And then beyond General, we have other groups…of topics for configuration.…So there's a bit more here to cover.…So we'll start off at the top…under General, General.…We have Country Options, State Options,…Local Options, Store Information,…and Single-Store Mode, which we've already…taken a look at.…To open up any one of these,…to get to their settings to configure,…just click on them.…And here, you'll see, under Country Options,…we have Default Country, Allow Countries,…and a few other things that we're going to get to.…
Default Country is the primary country…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.