Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Shipping configuration, part 2, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Then you'll see here we have something…called table rates, now table rates are actually very…complex and really outside the scope of a beginners…tutorial like what we are doing,…but just as a quick run down.…What the table rates allow you to do is to upload…a spreadsheet that contains rules and parameters for what…to charge for various shipping destinations,…methods, et cetera.…To get started, if you're interested in looking into table…rates, you can export the CSV it'll essentially give you…a blank template to fill in and then you start filling in…some codes and all that kind of stuff.…
Again, it's pretty complex, really mostly suitable…for large operations and definitely outside the scope…of a beginners tutorial, you could probably do a full series…just on setting up table rates.…And then finally down here you'll see various shipping…services, we have UPS, United States Postal Service, FedEx…and DHL.…We're not going to look at each one of these 'cause they're…mostly similar but just to give you an idea of what you're…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.