Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Shipping configuration, part 1, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Once we have our products set up…and we've configured our ability to accept payments…and apply the appropriate taxes to those transactions,…send a focus on getting those orders…from us to the customer.…So now let's talk about shipping.…Shipping is managed in three primary parts of the website.…All right next to each other.…If we go to stores and configuration,…then if we scroll down to sales and open that up.…And scroll down a little bit more we have shipping settings,…multi-shipping settings, and shipping methods.…
Let's take a look at these one at a time.…Shipping settings is pretty brief.…We're just going to put in the origin.…This is where we're shipping from so that we charge…the appropriate rates based on where the order is going to.…And then shipping policy parameters.…What this is, is if you select yes here,…then you can just have a shipping policy…that will appear to the customer.…Usually that's not necessary, but it's an option.…So I'm just going to fill in some information here.…
And apparently I'm going to be shipping…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.