Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up payment methods, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Narrator] When you store and your site itself…are set up, it's time to configure…the payment methods for your customers.…We do this at, Stores, Configuration,…and scroll down a bit to find Sales,…then at the bottom of Sales, you'll find Payment Methods.…Go ahead and click on that.…The first thing you're going to do…is select your country that you're operating out of.…For us, or in my case at least,…that will be the United States.…
Then as you'll see there are a lot of payment options.…You probably don't want to use everything,…so you don't confuse your customers.…There is some information here describing…the difference between some of these options,…especially the various PayPal options.…But you should do your own research…on these things to figure out what's ideal…for your operation.…The most commonly used options would…be the PayPal options as well as Braintree.…If you're not familiar with Braintree…you should look into it.…It's owned by PayPal and accepts PayPal…and credit card payments and it is…a pretty robust payment acceptance solution.…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.