Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Related products, upsells, and cross-sells, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] There's one more topic we need to cover…in regards to products and that's the topic of related…products, up sells and cross sells. You've probably noticed…this settings group in the products we've been creating.…Before we start learning about what these are though and…how to use them, let's fill out our site a little bit more…for this and create one more coffee product.…So we're going to add a simple product, the attribute…set will be coffee, the product name will be Sumatra…Select. This is going to be a higher priced, sort of premium…coffee, this will be 20.99.…
We'll say we have 500 bags of this, and for that matter…we should probably change this to one pound Sumatra Select…just so that's clear and I'm going to change the SKU a little…bit as I normally do to get rid of special characters in…the spaces, this weighs one pound, this will go of course…in the coffee category, visibility is fine, all of this…is fine. For caffeine we're going to keep this as regular…and we're not going to create a decaf version of this…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.