Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Newsletters, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Aside from automated system emails,…you can also create and send newsletters…from within Magento.…Customers can sign up for your newsletter…when they create an account on your site.…If you click on Marketing,…you'll see you have three areas…to do things related to newsletters.…Newsletter subscribers,…we're not going to spend any time on,…but that's simply a list…of all of the subscribers to your newsletter…and some of their information.…Creating a newsletter to send out is actually pretty easy.…Click on Newsletter Template,…and then Add New Template.…
The term template here is used slightly differently…from how it's used in the system emails.…It's not really a template that's going to automatically…fill in various information, most of the time.…Usually, a newsletter template…is actually the newsletter itself.…So you can, you might copy the template…from one newsletter to the other,…and you can send out one template multiple times,…but you want to think of this,…maybe not so much as a template as…just the newsletter that's being sent out.…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.