Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Magento categories, part 2, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at a few more aspects…of categories in CMS, namely creating subcategories…of subcategories…and reorganizing categories on our website.…So, we do need a new category for our coffee,…so first we're going to add a new subcategory…to our Default Category,…just as we've done for Mugs.…So, we'll click Add Subcategory,…making sure that Default Category is selected.…The Category Name is going to be Coffee.…
For Content, we'll say…the best coffees…sourced from around the world.…Display Setting, we'll go with Products only, Anchor Yes.…As before, I'm going to do Price and Product Name.…We'll take a look and see exactly…what Position means in just a minute.…Here,…we're going to order by default by Product Name…and we'll do $10 Navigation Price Step.…
Search Engine Optimization for our URL Key,…we'll do coffee.…For our Meta Title, we'll do Coffee, capital case.…Meta Keywords, we'll just say coffee.…Meta Description,…I'll use our Page Description.…I'm not going to add any products…from the Category page,…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.