Discover how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Learn how to create basic products, set up payment methods, configure shipping, and more.
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Robert Ring with OSTraining, and thank you for joining me for our introduction to Magento 2. Thanks also to Nexcess who has sponsored this series and is providing the server space and hosting environment for the demonstration site I'll be using throughout the tutorial. In the next video, I'll explain why it's extremely important to find a web post that specializes in Magento hosting for those who plan on running a site built on any version of Magento, but for now, let's talk briefly about Magento itself. Magento is a content management system built specifically for ecommerce websites.
Especially medium to large scale sites where you need as much automation, as much flexibility in as many features as possible. It can at times be a difficult platform to learn, but it's benefit is that as opposed to other content management systems like Drupal which can absolutely be customized to become an ecommerce platform, Magento is built from the ground up with the single purpose of being an ecommerce platform. While there are extensions that provide more functionality than what Magento comes with out of the box, Magento comes stocked with all of the basic things you need to get a store up and running on the web.
And it provides a wide range of flexibility regarding the different types of products you may need to sell as well as accommodating many different ways in which you may need to structure the listing and details of those products. Magento 2 comes in several different forms. It comes in a free Community Version, and paid Enterprise Versions, the latter of which provide additional features and support. For this tutorial, we will be using the free version. In this tutorial, we're going to work with the example of an online store that sells coffee products.
So, if you plan on running a sizeable online store and are considering Magento 2, this tutorial will introduce you to this CMS and show you how to get started from installing it to configuring your site and getting it ready to go live. Let's get started.
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails