Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Initial configuration, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] There are three things that I recommend…doing right off the bat once you've finished…installing Magento before you get into the meat…of the configuration of the website.…The first of these is to change…the username of the admin account.…Particularly if it has been set as admin.…To do this, we'll click here where it has our name,…and click Account Setting.…We can change our admin user name right here.…What I'm going to go with is Store Owner Rob.…
And again the reason for this is that…if someone is trying to brute force…hack into your website, they happen to somehow…find out what your admin URL is,…and then they're going to start trying…lots of different combinations of things.…Probably what they're going to do is use admin…for the username, and then try just…brute forcing the password itself,…or at least, that is a common tactic.…So if you use something other that simply admin…for your username, that's just a little bit…extra security that you have,…and I always recommend it, because it's also…an easy thing to do.…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.