Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Going live and final notes, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's go over some final notes…for understanding the basics of Magento 2.…We didn't install a theme during this tutorial…because at the time of this recording…there are no working free themes on the Magento Marketplace…for our version but to reiterate what I said…in the extension/installation video…that process is the same as installing an extension.…When you've selected a theme and installed it on your site…enabling is for the most pretty easy…just go to Content,…Configuration and Edit this website…and right here at the top,…Applied Theme,…that new theme will be listed along with those themes…that come with Magento out of the box…and you'll simply select it…and make sure you save your configuration.…
You can also schedule automatic theme changes…at Content,…Schedule,…these fields look a little confusing at first…until you realize that this is just for filtering down…any scheduled design changes…that you've already put in place.…To add a design change,…you simply click this button…and we're not going to go through it…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.