Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Extensions and themes, part 2, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Once that's and it says completed,…you can now move on to the next step,…we're going to click Next.…One more note actually that I will make very quickly…is that sometimes the dependency check…will come back with an error that says…you are not running the correct version of Magento.…It says it in slightly more cryptic language than that,…but that is ultimately the message.…Unfortunately, on the Magento marketplace…even when you filter down to extensions or themes…that are compatible with your version of Magento,…sometimes some of those do slip through the cracks…and the marketplace will say that this is…compatible with you installation of Magento,…but once it gets down to it, it turns out that it's not.…
Don't be startled if that happens,…sometimes that just happens.…It doesn't mean that there's anything…wrong with your installation,…it just means things on the Magento marketplace…were not assigned to their appropriate filters.…So once this is done click Next,…and then Magento is going to make a backup of your code,…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.