Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Extensions and themes, part 1, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Like many other content management systems,…Magento has the ability for you…to install extensions and themes.…The process is slightly involved…so let's walk through it here.…The first step is to go to marketplace.magento.com.…There are third party websites that offer…extensions and themes to download,…but installing those on your website…is a bit more advanced and is really meant for…intermediate to advanced users of Magento,…so we're going to keep things simple…and install them the preferred way,…which is to find them on this website…and install them using Magento's standard procedure.…
Once you've come to this website, make sure you…log in and if you don't have an account,…go ahead and sign up for an account and log in…because you do have to have an account…to get these extensions and themes.…Go ahead and do that right now if you need to.…The process for installing an extension or a theme…on your Magento site is basically the same.…We're going to use an extension for our example…because currently there are no free…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.