Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizable products, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now that we understand most…of what goes into creating a simple, basic product,…we need to learn how to make customizable products…as well as configurable products.…Customizable and configurable products…in Magento are very similar…and in many cases you can use either type…to accomplish whatever options you want to provide,…though usually, one option will be better than the other,…depending on the situation.…Both product types, as you can probably guess,…allow the customer to customize the product in some way…or to select some specific form of the product,…such as a certain size or color of something.…
Right now, we're going to take a look at customizable products.…Here on our Catalog page,…if we click the arrow next to Add Product,…we see there's not actually a Customizable Product option.…This is sort of a subtype of a Simple Product,…so really, we're going to create a Simple Product…and add customization options to it,…so select Simple Product.…Now, usually, customizable products are preferred…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.