Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Customer tax classes, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now that we understand the basics…of creating and applying tax rules,…let's take a look at how to create…a new customer tax class for a different type of customer…that may need to be taxed differently…from your regular everyday retail customer.…In our example, we'll use a business-to-business customer.…We'll say for example,…in Alabama maybe there's a lower tax…on business-to-business transactions.…And so if we have a business purchasing from our website…we want obviously the correct tax to be applied to them…at the lower rate.…
So first we're going to create the new tax rule.…Here in our tax rules,…again, this is at stores.…And tax rules.…We're going to click add new tax rule.…We'll call this business-to-business sales tax.…We're going to create a new tax rate.…We can just call this b to b sales.…And again we're going to just,…for the purposes of this tutorial,…keep this confined to Alabama.…
Mostly just to keep things simple.…And let's say that their sales tax rate is 3%.…We'll save that.…Go down here and open up our additional settings.…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.