Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a homepage, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now that we understand…how pages, blocks, and widgets work,…it's time to move on to something…that you've probably been waiting for,…creating a proper home page.…The way you do this is on the backend of your Magento site,…go to Content and Pages.…You'll see that we already have a home page here…so we'll click Select and Edit…and this is where we configure our home page.…First we're going to open the content group here…and the very first thing we're going to do…is if we go back and look at our home page,…there's really no sense in this saying Home Page at the top.…
It's pretty obvious what that is…so I recommend in most cases removing the content heading…and we're just going to leave a blank.…You can put something here,…but that really just depends…on what you want for your store,…what your preferences are.…Down here in this text area…this is where the bulk of the customization…is going to occur…in regards to what you're putting on your home page.…The short version of how to customize your home page…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.