Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a footer link list, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So we know how to create non-product…content pages and we know how to use blocks and widgets…to place information in various places on our website,…now let's learn how to use blocks and widgets to display…links to pages in various areas on the site.…Now this can get a little tricky but we'll take it one step…at a time and it won't be very hard.…To frame this let's say we want a list of links…similar to this list of links that our theme…already provides but we also want our list of links…to include a link to our About page.…
Now this list of links in the footer as I said is baked into…the current theme, the Magento blank theme,…as well as the stock Magento Luma theme…because Luma inherits from the blank theme.…So, what we're going to have to do is essentially…remove this list, which is a process of it's own…and then create a new list which includes the About link.…I should note that there are a lot of ways we could go about…doing this but I'm going to show you what is in my opinion…the easiest way for a beginner to accomplish this…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.