Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Content configuration, part 2, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at Header.…Header is also a very important part…of the settings here.…One of the most important things we have here…is our logo image.…To upload our logo image,…which, again, if we look back at our home page…is going to be right here where for me it says Luma,…you'll simply click Upload,…choose your logo file,…mine's not that fantastic, but I'm not a graphic designer…so that's my excuse,…then you have it there, and you can change the width…and height if you want to.…
I'm just going to stick with the width and height…that I uploaded it in.…Do note there's one sort of weird thing here.…Magento lists the height pixels…and then the width pixels when it tells you…what size it is.…That's the opposite of common convention.…It doesn't really mess anything up,…but do keep that in mind if you're looking at this…and these numbers confuse you.…I'm not going to change the width or height…because this logo is already the size that I want it.…Then we have our Welcome Text.…
In our current theme, if we go back…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.