Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring automated emails, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] One of the core…components of the order process…on your site is going to be you automated email settings.…These are emails that are sent by your site in response…to certain actions such as a customer placing an order…or customer signing up for a new account, things like that.…Lets take a look at how to customize and configure these.…To customize these emails go to…marketing and email templates.…Now I should note that this is entirely optional.…Magento comes with default email templates for all…of the system emails that it sends, even though it says…no templates found here.…
That simply means there are no custom templates found.…It has templates that it can use for everything,…this is simply if you want to customize the content…and the look of those emails a little bit.…Again this is entirely optional, you can skip it if you want…and the emails that Magento sends out…of the box are just fine.…To create a new custom template we'll click…Add New Template and I will also go ahead and warn you…that there are two somewhat common bugs…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.