Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Configurable products, part 2, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Teacher] So we'll click here…and add the image that we want to use…for all of the versions of this coffee.…And once we've done that we'll scroll down to Price.…We can apply unique prices to decaf or regular…or have it all be the same price.…We'll say that for us, everything's the same price.…It doesn't matter whether you ordered…the regular or decaf version of it.…So we will apply a single price to all SKUs.…That is $12.99.…And then for quantity, we can treat it…as it's one bulk thing with a single quantity…that we're selling.…
In our case, we're going to say…that we have a certain number of this type of coffee…in it's regular form…and then a certain number of decaf bags…of this coffee as well.…So we're going to apply a unique quantity…by attribute to each SKU.…We'll click the second option…and select our attribute.…Of course, that's our caffeine attribute,…and then we're going to tell it…how many of these we have decaf.…We'll say we have 1000.…
And yes, which is the caffeinated version.…We're going to say we have 3000.…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.