Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Configurable products, part 1, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now let's look at configurable products,…which, again, are similar to customizable products,…however, they differ in that when you create a product…with various preset configurations,…which is what a Configurable Product is,…Magento actually generates individual, Simple Products…that are used for the different types…of configuration that you allow.…This is helpful for item that come pre-made…in various forms, such as, perhaps a mug…that comes in the same style,…but you can order a red version or a blue version.…
This allows you to keep track of each variation…of the item in your inventory as well.…You can also see why this wouldn't make sense…for more open-ended customization, such as monogramming,…where there are over 17 and a half thousand combinations…of letters that a customer could specify.…It obviously wouldn't make sense…to have individual items on the site…for every possible monogram.…So, to create a Configurable Product,…we're going to click the drop-down arrow next to Add Product…and select Configurable Product.…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.