Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Broad tax configuration, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] There's one more area on the back end…that we need to look at for our tax configuration…and that's under Stores, and Configuration, this time.…We're going to scroll down to Sales.…And then click Tax.…This is where we configure our tax settings…in a broader sense, on our website as a whole,…as opposed to setting up specific taxes…for specific product types and that kind of stuff.…Now, as a general rule, in most cases,…Most of the settings on this page are going to be fine…left as the default, with a few exceptions.…
These first three settings…are almost always going to remain the same.…We don't want to apply tax for shipping,…so we'll keep this as none.…For our default tax class for any product,…usually you just want to keep that as taxable goods.…For the default tax class for a customer,…usually that's just going to be a retail customer.…Of course, you can change any of these at any time…by deselecting Use System Value and choosing an alternative.…We're going to keep those as they are.…Now, one setting that I do recommend you change…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.