Join Robert Ring for an in-depth discussion in this video Blocks and widgets, part of Magento Community Edition 2 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Now before we can place our about page…in some visible area of the site,…we need to learn the basics about blocks and widgets.…Click over here on content, then as…we've seen under elements, along with pages the other two…types of content elements are blocks and widgets.…Now blocks and widgets are very similar in…they're one of the things that where you have to…kind of watch and play around…with it to learn the difference.…It's really hard to describe the differences between…these things because they're very tightly intertwined…and in some cases, almost interchangeable.…
Additionally, you can have widgets that contain blocks…and you can even have blocks that contain widgets.…So we're just going to take a very simple example here.…Before we do that, let's click on our account name…and open up the customer view in a new tab…and we'll just click on coffee.…And let's say that over here somewhere…we want a little block that says…if you're having trouble finding what you want…give us a call and we'll help you out.…
Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce solutions in the world. But this powerful content management system also has a reputation for being challenging to learn. This course is designed to address that issue. Here, learn how to set up your own ecommerce site using Magento Community Edition. Instructor Robert Ring walks through how to manually install Magneto and configure content and stores. He also explains how to create basic products, organize those products, create a homepage, set up payment methods, configure shipping and automated emails, and more. Throughout the class, Robert demonstrates key concepts as he walks through the construction of an ecommerce site that sells coffee products.
- Troubleshooting manual installation errors
- Content and store configuration
- Creating a basic product
- Organizing products
- Creating a homepage and a footer link list
- Setting up payment methods
- Broad tax configuration
- Configuring shipping and automated emails
Skill Level Beginner
3. Organizing Products
5. Payments and Taxes
8. Extensions and Themes
Going live and final notes8m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.