- View Offline
- Exploring the monolithic and modular imaging methodologies
- Working with Fusion Drives and Recovery partitions
- Ensuring physical security and installing a firmware password
- Choosing source hardware
- Installing apps
- Building a complete monolithic master for imaging
- Deploying apps and accounts in a modular master system
- Building a base master
- Performing hard-drive-to-hard-drive imaging
- Exploring VLANs
- Performing network-to-network imaging
- Deploying using NetInstall or DeployStudio across a network
Skill Level Intermediate
(light music) - Hi I'm Sean Collins, welcome to Imaging and Deploying Macintosh Computers. You may be watching this course because you need to know how to create a consistent user experience across your organization's computers and you heard that imaging is the way to go, well you heard right. Creating a master image to deploy across all of your computers will make that dream a reality and I'm here to show you how it's done, what you'll need to know to prepare yourself to do the work and many tips and tricks I've picked up over nearly 20 years of systems administration experience.
In this course you will learn how to deploy dozens, hundreds or thousands of computers for your organization. When you are done, you'll be able to restore Macintosh computers to a standard configuration with or without a network. By learning these skills, you can provide one to one computer deployments to students at a school or employees in a business. I'll teach you how to build your own bootable harddrive to carry with you to solve technical problems. And we'll even talk about how you can use that knowledge to do the same thing by booting troubled computers over your network. You will learn how to create master systems, image them and deploy them to computers from a local hardrive or over the network and I'll even show you how to use a modular workflow that could save you master system building time in the long run.
I'm excited to pass my knowledge onto you so let's dig right in and get started with Imaging and Deploying Macintosh Computers.