- Backing up macOS
- Administering apps in the enterprise
- Network ports you need to know
- Reviewing logs in the Console
- Key commands and shortcuts
- Working with MDM
- Scripting solutions to problems
- Remote administration tools and techniques
- How Kerberos works in Active Directory
- Important Apple SSO details
- Working with FileVault and Gateway
- Writing scripts to automate administration
- Guidance on where to go to learn more
- How macOS startup works
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] You've been airdropped into a digital forest. You don't know where anything is, but you need to learn quickly. Many IT administrators recently tasked with a fleet of macOS systems feel just like this. As your guide to get you out of the forest there are some things I'm actually excited to show you along the way. I'm most excited about what the new sidecar feature opens up for portability with the macOS. The new Enterprise SSO enables bind less active directory and Apple's integration with cloud based authentication services enables in application authentication in ways never possible before. Every admin needs to understand MDM and how to use it to efficiency manage Apple technology. Caching is a double bladed sword you need to master. It can bring down a network if not controlled and save your entire network from floods of data if deployed properly. Hi, I'm Sean Colins. I've had a long and interesting relationship with macOS and Apple. I'm excited to share the best practices I've learned, and the changes I've discovered. Join me on my LinkedIn Learning course, specifically geared toward IT admin for macOS.
IT Service Desk: Management Fundamentalswith Fancy Mills-Knebel2h 38m Intermediate
1. Fundamental macOS Concepts
2. Directory Services
3. Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshooting
4. Remote Administration
5. Advanced Administration
Next steps1m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.