Discover tips, tricks, and shortcuts that can help you get the most out of macOS Sierra. Learn how to efficiently navigate the Sierra interface, and how to manage files with Finder, record audio and video with QuickTime, troubleshoot performance issues, and more.
- [Nick] Hi, I'm Nick Brazzi. Welcome to this course on Tips and Tricks for macOS Sierra. In this course, I'm going to start with several tips for working in the macOS interface in general. We're explore a voice dictation and the opposite voice-to-text, which is when the computer uses a synthesized voice to read text to you. We'll talk about being more efficient when you drag objects around onscreen and a bunch of other general interface tweaks. We'll also get into Finder, where I'll show you some techniques for customizing the finder window and locking files with secure encryption.
We'll look at some options you have in QuickTime for recording audio and video and I've thrown in a few troubleshooting tools that might help you identify why your hard drive might be filling up or why your computer might be running slowly. I think it's pretty likely that you'll find at least a few tricks that will help you when you're using macOS. So let's dive in and start exploring some tips and tricks.
- Working with voice dictation and voice control
- Enlarging part of the screen using the zoom control
- Printing to PDF
- Customizing Finder windows
- Changing icons for files and folders
- Securing files with encrypted disk images
- Controlling what Spotlight searches
- Recording audio and video in QuickTime
- Managing available disk space
- Using the Activity Monitor