Become a better, more efficient user of Mac OS X El Capitan with these productivity-boosting Mac tips and tricks.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Nick Brazzi. Welcome to this course on Tips and Tricks for OS X El Capitan. In this course, I'm gonna share with you a bunch of techniques and tools that didn't quite fit into the OS X Essential Training course, but I think are really useful for helping you work faster, more efficiently, or just have more fun while using your computer. I'm gonna start with several tips for working in the OS X interface in general. We'll explore voice dictation, and the opposite, voice to text, which is when the computer uses a synthesized voice to read text to you.
We'll talk about being more efficient when you drag objects around on the screen, and a bunch of other general interface tweaks. We'll also get into Finder, where I'll show you some techniques for customizing the Finder window, locking files with secure encryption, and some other great techniques for working with files, folders, and drives. We'll look at some options you have in QuickTime for recording audio, video, and even screen capture videos on your Mac, and I've thrown in a few troubleshooting tools that might help you identify why your hard drive might be filling up, or why your computer is running slowly.
I think it's pretty likely that you'll find at least a few tricks that will help you out when you're using OS X, so let's dive in and start exploring some tips and tricks in OS X El Capitan.
- Dragging files from one application to another
- Using the Dictation and Text to Speech features
- Printing to PDF
- Customizing Finder windows
- Securing files with encrypted disk images
- Recording audio and video with QuickTime
- Using the Activity Monitor to troubleshoot performance issues