Discover the new features in macOS Catalina, the latest desktop operating system for Macintosh computers.
- [Instructor] In September of 2019, Apple released a new version of macOS, the operating system for Macintosh computers, as it has every year for several years. This new version, called macOS Catalina, is a free upgrade. There a few big changes in bundled applications. For example, iTunes is no longer included and has been replaced by three smaller applications called Music, Podcasts and Apple TV. There are some useful changes to how pictures are displayed and sorted in the Photos app, but there are also some significant interface changes across the entire system. From small changes to the split screen tools, to big, new features like voice control, which lets you control anything on your Mac using your voice, and Sidecar, which lets you use an iPad as a secondary display, there's a lot to get to in the new version of macOS. I'm Nick Brazzi and my course on the new features in macOS Catalina will be your tour through the most important changes in the new Macintosh operating system.
- Using Voice Control
- Managing an AppleID
- Managing photos
- Using the Find My app
- Using the Music, Apple TV, and Podcast apps
- New features in Notes and Reminders
- Playing videos in Picture in Picture (PiP) mode
- Using Screen Time to monitor time
- Sync an iPhone or other device in Finder
- Unlocking more options with an Apple Watch