The interface in the app store has been updated in Mojave. This video introduces that new organization. This includes editorials, which are articles in the App Store that give information about various topics, along with specific app recommendations related to those topics.
- [Instructor] In Mojave the App Store…has received some interesting updates.…I'm going to launch the App Store from the dock here.…And of course you still have all of the core options…that are essential to using the App Store.…The main focus to these updates…are to the design of the interface and to browsing.…Now you can start with the sidebar on the left…where you can go to individual sections.…If you start in the Discover section…you will still see common headers here like…Top Paid apps and Top Free apps…and you can browse around and discover stuff.…
But one new thing here are these editorials.…These are sort of like blogs or news stories.…You can click on one of these…and they will give you information and insight…and will also link directly to…recommended apps on that topic.…These become particularly useful…when you go into the other sections.…So I'm going to hit Done…and let's go over to the Create section,…which organizes apps for doing creative work…like graphic design or music production.…Naturally you can browse through the apps here on this page…
- Name the desktop pictures option that simulates a gradual shift from daytime to nighttime.
- Identify how many apps are displayed in the “Recent Apps” section of the dock.
- Explore the App Store for helpful features that provide useful information and insights.
- Recall the system component that can have its application access controlled with Mojave.
- Recognize the requirements for group Facetime calls.