Join Chad Chelius for an in-depth discussion in this video The purpose of user accounts, part of Learning Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
User accounts are one of the fundamental features of OS X. …You see Mountain Lion and more generally OS X is what's referred to as a …multi-user operating system. What this means is that the OS was …designed for multiple users to utilize the same computer. …It does this by using user accounts to manage each user on a computer. …User accounts allow multiple users to log in to the same computer. …So instead of everyone sharing a log-in, which is, of course possible, it is …designed for each user to have their own user account.…
By creating a user account for each user Mountain Lion creates a unique working …environment for each user allowing them to store their own files, have their own …email account, calendar, photos and much, much more. …In addition, it provides a way to control the access and abilities that each user …has when they log into the computer. For example, you can create an account …for children that doesn't allow them to install software on the computer or …limits their access to inappropriate web sites if desired.…
- Installing Mountain Lion
- Creating and logging in to a user account
- Setting parental controls
- Customizing the Finder window toolbar
- Sharing files between users
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Sending and receiving email
- Installing applications
- Using Reminders, Notes, Messages, and the Notification Center
- Backing up and restoring files with Time Machine
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Trainingwith Christopher Breen6h Appropriate for all
iOS 6: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow7h 46m Appropriate for all
1. Exploring Mountain Lion
2. Installing Mountain Lion
3. User Accounts
4. Getting to Know the Mac OS
5. Browsing the Web with Safari
6. Sending and Receiving Email with Apple Mail
7. Useful Mountain Lion Applications
8. Major Mountain Lion New Features
9. Preparing for the Worst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.