Learn how Apple Remote Desktop or ARD can be used for enhanced remote system reporting. Learn how remote reporting can increase administrative efficiency. Learn to set scheduled report collection and utilize the output files from an ARD system report in databases. Understand that ARD is an important tool for any IT organization supporting Macs.
- Throughout this course, we have talked about…the man page and what it does.…The manual for any commands that you're going to run…in terminal at the command line on an OS10 system.…Man is a terrific tool and I wanted to dig a little deeper…into how to use the man system…and how you can leverage some of its power…to help you to deal with that artist with a blank slate…problem where you're facing a big white empty screen…and you don't know what to do with it.…
Let's go to the Go menu…and pull down to utilities and open up terminal.…And we'll make this a little bigger…so you can see it better.…First thing I would like to show you is man man.…This is great, it's a man page on man.…You hit return, and here's tons of information…about how to use the man system.…Super cool, long read, well written,…very very dense, lots of info.…So let's talk about one of the features in here…that I think is really really cool.…It's mentioned in detail in the man man system.…
But that is man -K…and then any string of text you want.…What it does, is it searches though every man page…
- Understanding the El Capitan system requirements
- Installing and configuring El Capitan
- Protecting user data
- Performing a partial or full-system recover with Time Machine
- Installing applications
- Managing application preferences
- Monitoring the system
- Configuring security
- Directory binding
- Troubleshooting problems
- Understanding Spotlight problems and how to fix them
- Collecting system information
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Assessing and Planning
Get the most for your money6m 49s
2. Installing and Configuring
CoreStorage in El Capitan4m 22s
3. Protecting User Data
4. Application Management
5. System Monitoring
7. Networking and Directory Integration
8. Troubleshooting Common Problems
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.