- View Offline
- Understanding the human interface guidelines for OS X
- Generating certificates
- Signing your app and its installer
- Setting up the Info.plist file
- Creating and testing the installer
- Registering an application in iTunes Connect
- Checking the status of an application
- Following the Apple marketing guidelines
- Linking to the App Store
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Bill Weinman. And I'd like to welcome you to distributing Mac OS X applications through the app store. In this course, I'll show you hot to prepare, submit, and distribute your Mac OS X app through the Mac app store. I'll cover the various assets your app needs like icons and screen shots. I'll show you how to prepare your application bundle in your installer. And how to submit your app to the store using Apple's iTunes connect portal. Finally, i'll take you through Apple's marketing guidelines and show you some of the tools they provide to help you promote your app and your presence in the Mac app store.
By offering you access to a huge install base of Mac OS X users, the Mac app store represents a great new way to take your application to market. So let's get started. Distributing Mac OS X Applications Through the App Store.